The Lava Paths
For those who love hiking a series of walking routes have been marked that unite the Geotopes of Lesvos. They are called “The Lava Paths”. The areas of the paths are of a particular geological, archaeological, cultural and aesthetic interest. The trails are marked every 500 metres with special information panels and rest places. The footpaths begin from the main routes and they include
- Petrified Forest Park – Eressos 6.5 km long
- Petrified Forest Park – Hamandroula Park – Tsichliontas – Natural History Museum – 13 km long
- Sigri – Sigri Park – Plaka Park – Eressos, 15 km long
- Gavathas – Lapsarna, 7 km long
- Lygeri – Lapsarna, 6 km long
Hiking Trail Network
Today in Lesvos there is the network of walking routes from the Company of Local Development of Lesvos (ETAL S.A.) supported by LEADER, in cooperation with the municipalities of the island.
There is a development plan with 18 paths covering the entire island with the special characteristics of each region.
Visit the beautiful forests of chestnut trees, the olive paths, the traditional farming paths, walk on the pavement of “patoumenis” at Agiasos, enjoy the cool waters of the bay of Gera and Kalloni under the shadow of olive groves, meet the unique nature of the Petrified Forest, visit the castle of Molyvos, observe rare birds in the wetlands, stroll around the traditional villages, relax in the traditional cafes and get refreshed in thermal baths.
Lesvos Local Development Company, ETAL S.A.
Molyvos hiking trails
A network of trails of unique beauty can be discovered in the area of Molyvos. Beautiful landscapes, flora and fauna, farms, traditional villages and cafes, hot springs, valleys, churches and many other different images offer the guests unique experiences. The trails are graded and marked by the Molyvos Tourism Association.
A booklet-map which contains a detailed description of the suggested hiking and cycling routes and useful data (distances, estimated time, degree of difficulty, flora-fauna route, etc.) is available.
INFORMATION & PICK UP OF THE BOOKLET – MAP OF THE ROUTES:
Molyvos Tourism Association
Tel. 0030 22530 71990
Walking on Lesvos is always an adventure. There is so much to see and so much to enjoy that we strongly recommend experiencing the authentic Lesvos while hiking through its countryside. DiSa-Travel have put together some beautiful and interesting walks – short and long – in different regions of the island. Their hikes lead you through unspoilt countryside, through shady pine forests, to beautiful beaches and to places with fantastic views. DiSa-Travel shows you local and sometimes unique flora and fauna, beautiful villages, churches and monasteries, tavernas with tasty local food, and all the little secret places that we know from the local people.
Phone: 0049 172 8022147, 0030 698 6637872
- Hike Aegean Sea and Olives (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike around Agiassos (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike Historic Trail Agia Pareskevi (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike Hot Springs and Monastery Damandriou (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike Petra and Saint Alexandros (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike The North-West and Ancient Antissa (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike The Three Monasteries (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike Valley of the Mills (Level of difficulty: Easy)
- Hike The Roman Aqueduct and the Hot Springs (Level of difficulty: easy)
- Hike Mount Lepetymnos (Level of difficulty: Medium)
- Hike Agiassos and Mount Olympus (Level of difficulty: Medium)
- Hike The old Vrisa Nigida (Level of difficulty: Medium)
- Hike The South around Melinda (Level of difficulty: Medium)